Next Artemis update

Home Forums Project: ARTEMIS Next Artemis update

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Cartoonman Dian Kabonasha 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Hi Marco, when are you planning on pulling data from the sigid wiki? I have ~30 new signals ready to put on the site, and I’m just waiting for a few things to be cleaned up before I upload en-masse. Let me know when you’re ready to do so. I will put my cache up for you to take and put in the Artemis DB.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Hi Dian,
    Sorry for my absence, i’ve been away for a while. Few days ago i saw that sigidwiki is no more in “work in progress” status, so i’ve decided to rebuild from scratch main Artemis DB generator. Thanks to you and Carl, now sigidwiki.com has a completely renewed design and a lot more signals (with a huge work of optimization to old ones). I’m still working but in a few days (as soon as i can) i’ll upload new version of database generated from current sigidwiki.com site.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Awesome! Yes, I’ve been working when I have free time to try and make the articles currently online complete and informative, while doing what I can to write up new articles locally on a cache with sound samples and images for all. There will be a massive dump of these signals very soon, so keep a look out for it!

If I end up with enough time, you can expect up to 50 new signals added all at once.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Whoa!!!It seem that will be an excelent benchmark for my DB parser. New version is almost ready and in 1.5-2 hours i’ll upload the new version on site. Since i’ve not found another way to contact you in private i’m asking here: saw the huge effort and work you’ve put to update the database, can i add your name in credit section of Artemis with a link of your user page (http://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/User:Cartoonman)?

DrTeeth

The 1.3.1 version did not work well as an upgrade. I had to uninstall and then install 1.3.1 to get the correct splash screen.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Thanks DrTeeth for report. Oooops forgot assembly infos. Now should be fixed

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

@Marco: Yes, haha. You may. And thanks, it’s a lot of work but someone has to do it. Still many more signals to go.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Also, I’m currently experimenting with the “Mode” datafield, so I apologize for the clipping because MODE isn’t the simple “USB” “NFM” as it was. Considering a separate data field for modulation and putting mode back as it was. I’ll work something out. For now I’ll have it as is.

Cartoonman
    Cartoonman
    Participant

And I made an account, yay!

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

You can expect the cache upload to take place by 13/5/15. (May 13). I think it will be around 35 in total. lots of HF signals.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Perfect, i’ll waiting wednesday to see your work! Meanwhile, i’m working on the new version of artemis. Im really interested about your concept of “mode”; i’ll be glad to modify the software to adapt it with new features or iproved ones.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

I’m in the works of working out with the admin Carl a possibility of keeping Mode as it was before, and adding a new data type, “Modulation”, which will list the modulation(s) of each signal. For now I’d say keep “Mode” in Artemis as it is, but possibly look for a way to put in a spot for a new ‘Modulations’ field.
    Since it will be in an arraymap format, you can parse it into individual modulations, so you can set up a search function in artemis to search for signals that contain a certain modulation like OFDM or QPSK. My estimate is that most signals wouldn’t have any more than 4 or 5 modulations each; most only have one-two.

• Author
    Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Hi Marco, when are you planning on pulling data from the sigid wiki? I have ~30 new signals ready to put on the site, and I’m just waiting for a few things to be cleaned up before I upload en-masse. Let me know when you’re ready to do so. I will put my cache up for you to take and put in the Artemis DB.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Hi Dian,
    Sorry for my absence, i’ve been away for a while. Few days ago i saw that sigidwiki is no more in “work in progress” status, so i’ve decided to rebuild from scratch main Artemis DB generator. Thanks to you and Carl, now sigidwiki.com has a completely renewed design and a lot more signals (with a huge work of optimization to old ones). I’m still working but in a few days (as soon as i can) i’ll upload new version of database generated from current sigidwiki.com site.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Awesome! Yes, I’ve been working when I have free time to try and make the articles currently online complete and informative, while doing what I can to write up new articles locally on a cache with sound samples and images for all. There will be a massive dump of these signals very soon, so keep a look out for it!

If I end up with enough time, you can expect up to 50 new signals added all at once.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Whoa!!!It seem that will be an excelent benchmark for my DB parser. New version is almost ready and in 1.5-2 hours i’ll upload the new version on site. Since i’ve not found another way to contact you in private i’m asking here: saw the huge effort and work you’ve put to update the database, can i add your name in credit section of Artemis with a link of your user page (http://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/User:Cartoonman)?

DrTeeth

The 1.3.1 version did not work well as an upgrade. I had to uninstall and then install 1.3.1 to get the correct splash screen.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Thanks DrTeeth for report. Oooops forgot assembly infos. Now should be fixed

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

@Marco: Yes, haha. You may. And thanks, it’s a lot of work but someone has to do it. Still many more signals to go.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

Also, I’m currently experimenting with the “Mode” datafield, so I apologize for the clipping because MODE isn’t the simple “USB” “NFM” as it was. Considering a separate data field for modulation and putting mode back as it was. I’ll work something out. For now I’ll have it as is.

Cartoonman
    Cartoonman
    Participant

And I made an account, yay!

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

You can expect the cache upload to take place by 13/5/15. (May 13). I think it will be around 35 in total. lots of HF signals.

Aco
    Aco
    Keymaster

Perfect, i’ll waiting wednesday to see your work! Meanwhile, i’m working on the new version of artemis. Im really interested about your concept of “mode”; i’ll be glad to modify the software to adapt it with new features or iproved ones.

Cartoonman
    Dian Kabonasha

I’m in the works of working out with the admin Carl a possibility of keeping Mode as it was before, and adding a new data type, “Modulation”, which will list the modulation(s) of each signal. For now I’d say keep “Mode” in Artemis as it is, but possibly look for a way to put in a spot for a new ‘Modulations’ field.
    Since it will be in an arraymap format, you can parse it into individual modulations, so you can set up a search function in artemis to search for signals that contain a certain modulation like OFDM or QPSK. My estimate is that most signals wouldn’t have any more than 4 or 5 modulations each; most only have one-two.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed